24 June 2010

Borrowed from Apartment Therapy

As a semi-avid blog reader, I sometimes see something that profoundly inspires me to write something here.  Today, it was Apartment Therapy's Summer Interview series.  The questions are pretty insightful and quick, and I thought I'd give you all a summer update!


SUN OR SHADE?:
I like laying in the sun to relax, but if I'm working on something, there's nothing worse than having the sun beating down on you.

THE COLOR OF SUMMER 2010:
I've been really attached to turquoise lately.  I have an upcycled dress in the works!

ALL TIME FAVORITE VACATION LOCATION:
The cabin.  It's simple.  My family has access to 2 cabins, and I've been going to both since I was a kid.  It's always been a great place to escape to.

MOST REFRESHING SUMMERTIME DRINK:
Holy Land lemonade from the International Market at the Minnesota State Fair.  It's blended lemonade with mint leaves in it.  I need to figure out a way to make it at home!

PLANTED IN THE GARDEN THIS YEAR:
Living in an apartment with no yard, a baby and a cat, planting space is limited.  However, on top of my stereo component tower, I have 7 basil plants just about thriving!  They're still babies, but they've moved from egg carton to milk carton and are growing fast.

ESSENTIAL SUMMER SONG FOR PARTY PLAYLIST:
"Cold Beverages" by G-Love and the Special Sauce

BEST BOOK IN THE BEACHBAG:
Jimmy Buffet's A Salty Piece of Land.