29 January 2010

Friday 5s: Hoops and Personal Adds

Sorry about the absence from the airwaves again, folks, but the job hunt continues and, as such, I have been neglectful of some areas of my life (such as blogging and personal hygiene).  So here's hoping I have a job soon, and a reason to put on pants in the morning.

On with the Friday 5!

Friday 5 from January 22nd: Personal Adds

What’s your favorite “just add water!” food?
That's a toss-up between condensed chicken noodle soup, ramen, and cheesecake pie filling.

What’s your favorite thing to add vinegar to?
Egg dying kits, and the water I use to spray my cat when she's being bad.

What’s something weird you’ve added to normal food?
My secret to making the perfect bowl of ramen is to throw in a few pine nuts.  Feels classier, somehow, and it really does add to the flavor.

What’s your favorite thing to add whipped cream to?
Pudding or pie.

What’s something you refuse to add anything to, even though most people add something?
CREAM CHEESE.  I really abhor flavored cream cheese.  It's gross.  Even the bacon and shallots schmear from Bruegger's, and I love bacon.  It's a delicious spread on its own!  Why add fake strawberry?!


aaaaand Friday 5 from January 29: Hoops

When did you last feel you were required to jump through meaningless hoops to get something you wanted?
The last time I applied for unemployment, or at one of my previous jobs.  A lot of meaningless tasks to do before gaining a paycheck.

What kinds of hula hoop memories do you have?
Hula hoops make my think of my best friend's little sister, Ruby.  The first time I met her, she had a hula hoop.   And a trampoline.  Either that, or it makes me think of learning to do fire hooping sometime.

How do you feel about basketball?
Eh.  I played for a few years in elementary school, and I sucked at it.  I think college hoops needs to get more acclaim because people learn to play as a team and not as individuals, and that's how the game should be... but it's not.

What do you think of hoop earrings?
It really depends on who they're on, and what size.  Because they can make a person look classy or like trash, dependent on the application.

What’s your favorite Whoopi Goldberg movie?
"Ghost."  Which, by the way, WAAAAAY funnier when you're watching it the day after Swayze died, like my sister and I did.  We've developed really morbid senses of humor since our grandmother passed, and it prompted things like, "Hey, do you think Whoopi keeps waking up to 'I'm Henry the Eighth I Am' now that Swayze's actually a ghost?"

That's all for now, folks!
Coming soon: my thoughts on what's left to cover in the final season of LOST, more on what it's like finding a job in a recession, my thoughts regarding the recent actions of NBC, and my thoughts on the restaurant moto-i in Minneapolis.  But for now, another Friday, another 5.