04 December 2009

The Friday Five: The Middle

In the interest of having some sort of continuity on this here bloggeroni, I'm thinkin' Fridays will be dedicated to following along with Friday5.org!

This week's theme is "The Middle."  Here goes:

1) What film have you seen in the past year that’s completely average?
I watch a lot of movies - a LOT of movies - but I'll try to stick with contenders from 2009.  I will judge "completely average" as meaning I didn't feel like I wanted to see it again about halfway through.  This year brought us a lot of bad movies (Transformers, Wolverine), but those puppies are my bread and butter. 
I'm going with Knowing, the blockbuster foible starring Nicholas Cage.  The film toes the line between being a disaster film, and an in-depth science-versus-faith discussion.  In trying to do both, it can't do either.  While quite pretty in a visual sense, I felt pretty "eh" about it overall.

2) Who’s the most average-looking person you know?
In the interest of fairness, I'll go with myself.  I can look damn good, let me tell you, but I came in to work this morning and didn't realize until after my coffee that my hair looked nigh upon identical to Jon Bon Jovi's during the late-'90s "It's My Life" tour.  Enter ponytail, and myself in this category.

3) In what area of your life are you performing just well enough?
Cleaning.  I am just good enough at cleaning.  I have fits where I can't help but clear off every horizontal surface in my path, but those fits rarely hit the bedroom.
(Can't help but hear the following "How I Met Your Mother" exchange:  "Yeah, you did."  "Had to."  "Totally.")

4) A new radio station features music you neither like nor dislike! What are three songs you’re likely to hear on it?
"Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds" - the Beatles
"Brick" - Ben Folds Five
"Run" - Snow Patrol

5) What game or sport are you just okay in?
Swimming.  I swam competitively for 9 years, so I'm a better swimmer than a lot of people, however, I did not win a whole lot of races, and generally ended up in the middle to the end of the pack.
 
And there you have it for this week's Friday Five!  Agree?  Disagree?  Want to start a fight in my comment section?  All are welcome.