08 February 2010

Back in the saddle!

Or office chair, as it were.

And you know what that means: more blog posting!

One of the things I've noticed during my month long "sabbatical" (the word I'll be using for my period of unemployment, since I'm working at the same place... they didn't even wipe my computer!), is that, when I have nothing to do, I'm not great at making myself find something to do.  I'm a pathologically unmotivated person.  I'd really love to fix it, but that would mean effort.

When I'm busy, I love being REALLY busy.  Like now.  I'm at work.  We've run out of work to do (go figure - welcome back Maggie!  Now sit there and do nothing.), so I'm blogging.  I'm updating my Etsy.  I'll be getting the paperwork ready for my Schedule C so I have my BodiceGoddess Costuming and Alterations business covered as far as taxes go.  I'm looking forward to going home so I can get started on my entry for the "Go Green!" Handmade MN March challenge.  I'm planning in my head which Etsy projects I'll work on next, and mentally setting up my sewing machine again.

The problem, however, is this: when I get home, I doubt I'll start on my "Go Green!" project, beyond organizing what I have so far.  In fact, I'll probably settle in to the comfy, comfy couch with Illyanna (my "tiny roommate" - I live with a family of three, and Illy is three months old), play for a little while, and eventually nap before the new episode of How I Met Your Mother comes on.  I have a lot of ideas and a lot of plans, but trouble executing them.

Does anyone out there have some ideas for me?  What motivates you?  And what should be motivating me?