26 February 2010

Friday 5: Comparisons

I get to compare myself to others this week. We'll see how this goes...

1) What’s something you do more quickly than most people?
Standardized tests for sure - I kind of fly through those.  That, and I tend to learn information and retain it at a pretty high level as well.

2) What’s something you do more carelessly than most people?
Talk.  I think I briefly covered this last week, but I frequently speak without really thinking about it.  As if my opinion matters 100% at that very moment.  It's off-putting for a lot of people - especially when I say something sarcastic or borderline offensive.  I really should check myself, but I don't.  Whoops!

3) What’s something you do more slowly than most people?
I eat pretty slow - especially with taco salad.  I'm pretty much always the last to leave the table.  It's driven my parents nuts for years.

4) What’s something you do more carefully than most people?
Write.  I'm quite critical of my writing.  I try to write how I talk, but it doesn't always work out that way, and I agonize over every word.  As a result, my writing (and text messaging!) is full of ellipses (...) and dashes.

5) In what contexts are you more patient than most people?
I'm pretty patient when it comes to people in general.  I do my best to, at the very least, tolerate everyone.  Comes in handy when I'm doing customer service, though in that case, I do have a tendancy to snap after a while.  But I snap in private.

You all can't tell, but these took a while to answer!  I don't often compare myself to others, so this was a very interesting, introspective and fun week!

Take a look at my Etsy team's blog at HandmadeMN.com - all local artists, and I'm soon to become a contributing writer!  Watch for my first article sometime this week.

Stay tuned for more - another week, another 5.